Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Indulgent Weekend

Most of the weekend meals were at various restaurants, so I don't have pictures, but did keep track of everything. It was such a fun weekend, but it's good to be back to eating normally (and healthfully!) again.

Saturday night we met some friends to sing karaoke at a Korean karaoke bar. Each group is assigned a private room which greatly reduces the embarrassment factor! We've been before but this time we had a room with a laser disco ball contraption and the karaoke machine ranked us. And yes, I got a 24 on a Debbie Gibson song but redeemed myself with a 98 for my rap skills! Who knew? Before the show, however, The Beanpole and I ducked out for some sushi. I had 4 avocado rolls (about the size of a thimble), 2 smoky bear rolls, 4 unagi rolls (also about the size of a thimble), 2 futo granny smith apple rolls, and a house salad. I also drank a lot of water knowing cocktails were in store! The party got a little out of control at the last karaoke session, but I was well-behaved this time (for once in my life) and over the course of the 5 hours had 2.5 Miller Lites, 1/2 a Leffe (Belgian beer), a shot of shoju (Korean rice wine) and about 4 ounces of complimentary champagne. Not sooo bad, especially after the close to 10 shots last time!

We got home quite late Saturday night (errr, early Sunday morning?) and had to be up early so I went straight to bed. I had a small bowl of oatmeal in the morning - I think I only used 1/4 cup and planned to eat a tiny lunch so I could fit in a yoga practice before our dinner out. That didn't go exactly as planned and I devoured the fish tacos at the Mexican place a couple blocks from the apartment. Ohhhh they were good though. I did squeeze in a short practice before we left for an early dinner of noodles. Nothing special here really, but I did bring more than half of the noodles home for leftovers!

Monday I woke up feeling shivery and congested and decided to hold off on eating for a bit and see if I could shake whatever was ailing me. After a steaming hot cup of water with lemon I still felt the hints of a sinus infection and decided to have just a slice of toast with some peanut butter. We had depleted most of our grocery supply and grabbed sandwiches while out running a couple errands and then decided on pizza for dinner. Neither of us felt good at all and The Beanpole said it was all he could think about so we ordered a pizza, picked up a couple books we needed at Border's, and brought the pizza back to the house. I had 3 big slices and then several glasses of Coke. It's the first time in about a month that I'd had more than a couple sips of a Coke and let me tell you, it tasted gooooooooooooooood. It helped settle my stomach and the carbonation played tricks with my nose so it didn't hurt so much!

No comments: