Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes, We Can Have a Soup and Sandwich too

The morning passed quickly as we watched the inauguration events. This is the first celebration I've watched since 1988 and Bush Sr. was being sworn in. I have a vague recollection of watching it in school and not being overwhelmed by any of the events and for various reasons have missed the last 4 so today's events were fun in a different way. Watching with a greater understanding of politics and the impact that one individual can have on the nation, no, on the world, made today considerably more exciting. By the time the speeches were finished I was getting hungry so I heated up some more Curried Red Lentil Soup and sliced an apple. Looking at that on the plate I realized that I was hungrier and decided to have half a hummus sandwich with cucumber and tomato.



I was still a little hungry after lunch so that's good. If my appetite is back I'll be feeling better in no time. I also did something wonky with my right foot over the weekend though and have decided that being sick and having a painful foot are NOT conducive to a yoga practice. Plenty of modifications exist for knee trouble, or shoulder pain, but there aren't too many ways to get around using the feet! I'm hopin to be back on the yoga train tomorrow. Two days off and I miss it!

No comments: