Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bananas To the Rescue!

I woke up this morning with an upset stomach again and had no interest in food but had to get something in my belly. I'm going through the RCIA program at our local Catholic church and we had just a short time before we had to be at mass and then our session afterwards. We're dismissed about halfway through the mass and then have another hour discussion session and there is no way I can make it through without a little food beforehand. I made a tiny bowl of oatmeal (only 1/4 cup!) with bananas whipped in and topped it with about a tablespoon of granola, a tablespoon of ground flax, and the rest of the banana figuring that that would be bland enough to keep my stomach from getting too hostile while we were out. I tell you, I don't know what it is with bananas but they seem to be the stabilizing influence and by the end of our session my stomach had calmed down completely! As usual, we stopped at Stella's diner on the way home for brunch. I love our weekly date! I ordered the vegetarian omelet with egg whites and it came with hash browns and toast. I devoured the hash browns (of course, I told you I love potatoes!) and ate most of the omelet.


And a cup of diner coffee...(Please ignore The Beanpole's maniacal reflection.)


We're meeting up with a group from church this evening to go to dinner. This is our first time going out with this group and I'm looking forward to meeting some new people! We've talked about going to a local noodle shop but nothing is decided yet...

No comments: