Sunday, January 11, 2009

Late Night Veggie Delight

Lunch yesterday was a little bit heavy and a little bit late. I knew it would be some time before I got hungry and sure enough several hours passed before I noticed it coming on, probably because I took a 3 hour nap! I rarely nap (and never for 3 hours!) and even managed to sneak out of naps as a kid because it means I'm up until the wee hours of the morning. Upon awakening I was in the mood for a little snack. That was just about the time The Beanpole decided to go lay down for a bit so I put together a little strawberry Greek yogurt with granola and flax. I find this to be the ideal snack - filling enough to hold me over for a couple hours but light enough that I don't feel overwhelmed.


With the yogurt I made a nice warm cup of roobios tea that my friend over at Kitchen Concoctions sent me in a holiday exchange. She has great taste and sent The Book of Tea with it. Even better I had recently received this charming tea set from my "sister" in Japan as a wedding gift.


The Beanpole napped for a couple hours and when he woke up we set about figuring out what to do for dinner. Friday's mushroom pizza was good but I could not get my mind around anything but a pizza with a little bit of goat cheese. None of the local joints offer this (blasphemy!) so I whipped up some pizza dough and we set out to the market for some toppings. We ended up with some bell peppers, shitake mushrooms, broccoli, and goat cheese. I'm not sure what I did differently this time but the crust rolled out a little bit thicker and a little bit larger so we even ended up with two leftover slices! We didn't eat until close to 9:30, and pizza is the perfect late-night dinner. My portion:


My stomach has been acting up the past couple of days after a week of resting quietly and I thought a banana might help calm things down a bit so I sliced one and spread a tiny bit of peanut butter in the middle to help it get down. I LOVE pb + banana but plain bananas are the bane of my existence.


And what do you know? It worked!

No comments: