Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Drive-by lunching

I definitely had a case of yoga-brain today. For those not familiar with the term this is the phenomenon that occurs after a great practice and leaves the student, well, a little spacey. I leisurely went on about my day, taking a nice long hot shower and lingering over what to have for lunch. Practice left me pretty hungry and I was ready to EAT and ended up making some soup, a hummus and black bean wrap, and slicing up an apple.


I wanted to use up the rest of the Carrot-Cashew-Ginger soup since it was ok but not great and make room to stock up on the Curried Red Lentil version, so I poured the rest into a small pot and ended up using about 3/4 of the box! I got to eat about four spoonfuls or so. The wrap was about 1/4 cup black beans and 1/8 cup onion heated quickly in a small pot (they'd been in the fridge and I didn't want anything too cold competing with the apple), about 1/2 cup spinach, hummus, and about a tablespoon of goat cheese for tang on a multi-grain wrap. I'd underestimated the size of the wraps but man, it was good and I devoured it. Then I looked at the clock and realized I only had twenty minute to get everything cleaned up, dry and style my hair, get dressed, and....get the cat into the carrier. Not good since the car was buried under 3 feet of snow and needed rescue! I scarfed down half of the apple and gave the rest to The Beanpole and got ready in a flash.

Augustus Cat (for once in his life) went straight into the carrier and behaved quite nicely at the vet and was given a clean bill of health! The Beanpole dropped us off and by the time I got back I was still hungry since I never got to finish lunch, so I reheated the bowl of soup and finished it off.


I have a couple ideas for dinner but haven't determined exactly what we're going to do yet.

No comments: