Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gooooood morning!

Yea! I got to bed early last night (10pm - that's a big deal around here) and woke up this morning ready and able to eat. I usually feel better when I can have a solid breakfast and couldn't wait for a nice warm bowl of oatmeal. The blizzard that was due petered out during the night and the sky is clear and sunny! A little experimenting has taught me that 1/3 cup oatmeal is the perfect amount. I didn't want to overdo it on the toppings and just added a little flax, the other half of the banana, and a tiny bit of granola. YUM!



I'm hoping to fit in a yoga practice before lunch once I've digested a bit more since I'm always happier practicing on an empty stomach. I do NOT like the gurgly feeling in my stomach and throat if the last meal was a little too heavy. I'm going to need the practice to get a calm zen feeling because after that we have to take Augustus Cat to the vet for his routine checkup and vaccines. Putting him in the carrier requires some skilled maneuvering on both my part and The Beanpole's and he should be an absolute treat in the shockingly cold weather. Come to think of it I might be doing an extra practice this afternoon to de-stress from the madness!

No comments: