Friday, January 23, 2009

It's Not Easy Being Green

At least that's what The Beanpole said when I offered to make him some kale chips to go along with our sandwiches! Never mind, I made them anyway and they were much better this time. Instead of using regular salt I sprinkled them with some gomasio. It's a salt, pepper, and seaweed mix that reduces sodium while providing a huge boost of flavor. I think next time I can use even LESS!

I took The Beanpole's portion of chips along with my grilled cheese sandwich with roasted red pepper and tomato.


I'm a tiny bit hungry right now but am saving room for a hot chocolate at the rink. We're going on a date in a couple minutes - ice skating downtown, and then on for a glass of wine at one of our favorite spots. Mr. Hockey over there thinks he can outskate me - we'll see!

No comments: