Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ooops, I did it again

And slacked with the blog. I need to shape up!

As I said before, I can eat Indian every day and be completely happy, so that's exactly what I did for lunch. We'd barely made a dent in the rice so I heated some of it, along with leftover dal makhani, added some spinach, and even sneaked in the other samosa. The Beanpole didn't want it and I just couldn't let it go to waste! We also had some leftover garlic naan in the freezer which turned out to be not so great, but it did the trick and nicely gathered up the rest of the sauce from the dal.


I did a yoga practice a couple hours later from the video I picked up a couple weeks ago. I don't recommend videos to yoga newbies because there are so many possibilities for injury and/or confusion that can easily be avoided or clarified with live instruction. Having practiced on and off for six years though and dedicating myself to create a home practice though, I picked it up several weeks ago. I do enjoy certain aspects of it. It's nice to go through the same series of asana every day. Knowing instinctively what to do next allows more space for a physical meditation, which is why I've been drawn to Ashtanga. I don't have the strength for a full Ashtanga practice right now but hope to move into that within the next couple of months. The video does provide some of that, but I don't feel that I'm working my entire body equally with this video. It contains a lot of twisting and chest opening sequences but next to no hip opening which is one of my favorite areas to work. Yesterday's practice did not start well at all and I wondered a couple times early if I should put it away for a day but opted to stay in the practice and all of a sudden it was over! I love it when a practice flies by that way as it means I was supremely focused.

Normally I get pretty hungry shortly after practice but was still feeling full and didn't need to eat until much later. The Beanpole had had a late lunch so we decided to make a bit of veggie pasta and garlic bread to keep things simple. I had a bit around 9pm, and I don't think he ate at all. I had some asparagus to use up and added some to the pasta and broiled a little for crunch.


Not surprisingly after eating tomatoes my mouth wanted something SWEET. It almost always happens, so I indulged in a little blueberry Greek yogurt with a dash of granola and a couple slivered almonds.

No comments: