Sunday, January 4, 2009

Something fishy is in the air

It seems that I am setting out to prove that my small kitchen can't handle all the flavor! The Beanpole and I went out AGAIN tonight for dinner, this time for Mexican at a restaurant a couple blocks away. They claim to have "killer margaritas" but as good as the mango-flavored sounded I want to splurge on food tonight and not drink. The pancakes from this morning left me pretty full most of the day so instead of having lunch I had two small snacks instead spaced out by a couple hours. The first was a banana sliced lengthwise with about a tablespoon of peanut butter spread between and the second was 6 pretzel crisps with a slice of provolone cheese. The restaurant was pretty dark so I wasn't able to get any photos, but I had about a third of the chips and salsa topped off by yummy tilapia tacos with mango salsa. This was accompanied by a mound of white rice surrounding black beans. It's a tasty twist on the classic rice and beans which I was really craving tonight! The past couple of times we've been this has been the special and I always hope it's the feature! I am getting a little worn-down eating out all the time, though, and look forward to getting back to the kitchen tomorrow.

No comments: