Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Went to the Danger Zone

Seems like a fitting title for a weekend filled with sonic booms and unexpected showers.  First, a correction.  Yesterday's yogurt was not in fact Oikos, but Chobani.  Either way I'm still a Fage kind of gal.  

Not long after the yogurt yesterday The Beanpole and I headed out to run some errands and see some friends who were kind enough to invite us over to enjoy their front-row seats to the Air and Water show.  We snacked on Romano cheese, rice crackers, spicy olives, and zesty pickles.  The pickles stole the show in my opinion!  I'm not sure what the zestiness contained but they were delicious!  How 'bout this view?!?!?!


Not terribly long after we arrived the Thunderbirds came zooming in and several of us piled onto the 24th floor balcony to watch the routine to the Top Gun soundtrack blaring on the speakers inside.  As fun as they are to watch I've got to say that they don't hold a candle to the Blue Angels.  Once a Navy girl always a Navy girl, I guess.  I tried to grab a couple shots of them in action, but they were hard to catch!  We all squealed with excitement (heightened perhaps by the beer and daquiris that were flowing) when they came flying right over the building:


Later we caught a bus up the street to the bar to meet some more friends and have a couple of beers.  Can't beat a $4 Carlsberg!  I hadn't really eaten a formal lunch and was pretty hungry by that point so I ordered the veggie skewers.  YUM.  Two skewers of peppers, zucchini, squash, and tomato over couscous with a curry dipping sauce and pitas.  I shared some of the pitas and sauce but tore into the veggies like a wild woman.  It's funny how the body truly comes to crave healthy options after a little while!  


No comments: