Sunday, August 16, 2009

Merry Old Land of Oz

Ugh.  Waking up this morning was not fun.  I'd had just enough last night to have a mini-hangover this morning but nothing that couldn't be worked through.  The Beanpole had to head out mid-morning to catch a flight to the other side of the Earth.  It sounds so strange when worded that way.  Anyway.  I needed something bland to eat, but needed it quickly, so once he was packed and ready to go we ducked into our favorite little neighborhood bakery, Red Hen, for a pastry.  I just had a plain croissant and an apple juice to hold me over.  

Grocery shopping was a nightmare today due the sudden downpour on the heads of the Air show crowd who proceeded to clog every major artery heading north or south.  It took nearly an hour to get home when it typically takes 10-15 minutes.  I was happy to be on the bus and not out on the beach far from cover!  Finally hungry and ready to eat by this point I stuck an Amy's Spinach Pizza wrap into the microwave and broke out the watermelon I'd picked up.  I'm not a huge fan of watermelon but this is the third time in a week that I've had a perfect taste of it.  Not soggy or sour, just perfectly crisp and juicy.  


My go-to hangover fix used to be a nice big Coke but now that I've cut down on the caffeine it's hard to take more than a couple of sips at a time so I stayed with a carbonated water.  Bubbles make everything better!  See how pretty?


Since then I've enjoyed a leisurely Sunday Spa day.  I'm exfoliated, buffed, polished, washed, straightened, moisturized, and RELAXED.  I think I did everything but dye my eyes to match my dress! Ooooooh, and I have what promises to be an extremely delicious dessert in the making right now.  My goal is to have everything ready to start my day tomorrow early tonight so I can curl up on the couch with my pretty pink toes, tasty (and healthy!) dessert, and relish every second of the new season of Mad Men.  Can't wait to find out what changes have taken place at Sterling Cooper!

No comments: