Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So Fresh and So Clean Clean

After the greasy cheesy lunch and alcohol I knew the best dinner would be bright and simple, preferably with some citrus. I also had some kidney beans to use up and since The Beanpole had eaten a late lunch we just made the bean and citrus salad that I've posted before. I prepared a half portion based on the recipe and it was more than plenty for the both of us!


I made a couple small changes this time. I cut the orange into smaller pieces so that every bite could benefit from the citrus burst, and I added a dash or two of chili powder to the dressing for a nice spicy kick. The more flavors I can incorporate into any meal the more I'll enjoy it and this was no different. I thought about serving it on top of barley again but that just felt too heavy so I had seven or eight little Kashi crackers for my beloved crunch.

And lots and lots of water since I'm back to yoga practice tomorrow and need to be well hydrated!

No comments: